Monday, April 20, 2009

Pin Up Girl painting

Another class assignment! So for this assignment i am to paint something (anything) only using 2 colors on the color wheel that are next to each other and their compliments. I can use white and black to mix in too. So while most people did abstract things and such. I decided to do something cool and the first thing that came to my mind was a woman from the 1800's. I dont know why but it did so i went with it! I drew out a few thumbnails and i wanted her to be in those nice big gowns holding a pretty umbrella. A guy in my class had a graffiti book and on the page he was on there was a devil pinup girl and it gave me another idea. To make the 1800's girl pinup style!

Here are some progress shots.. It's a work in progress. Ill post up updates as i finish up. Sorry the pix are crappy quality. i took them with my phone with low lighting. Better pictures to be posted soon!



The last one is a colored thumbnail so i would know what color to use where.

Check back soon for more progress!

1 comment:

Animator Trav said...

Awesome, Reh!!! Such a nice drawing!!!

It'd be so much cooler if she were in scuba gear, but what do I know...?