Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Doodle self portrait

I'm trying to get in the habit of constantly sketching or drawing. Since i got into IMD.. and outta there and then working at a new place.. my will to draw has gotten.. less sadly :( So only thing you can do is force it and hopefully it will come back!

So when nothing comes to mind to draw.. draw yourself! and that's what i did :)

Check it out!



I didn't know if I liked the colored version. 'Cuz the colored version looks less like me. But it was good practice. I learned more about color in my color theory class and why not mess with it? I'm sure none of my colors are correct but I guess this is the first time I let myself go free with colors. I used to just try brown and peach for skintone.

I'm trying to work with the one a day drawing/ sketch but everytime i tell myself i'll do it i end up not drawing at all. I know it could be simple 'cuz a sketch doesn't have to be extravagant. I see people on deviantart do "one a day" pieces where they draw whatever and paint. I NEED to do that!! I wish i could hire like a drill sargeant to scare me into drawing and painting insanely lol.

Let's see what i post up the next few days ;)

No comments: